Validation of Qualitative Analytical Methods-doctoral thesis

Reviews of books, training programs, web sites, etc.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear all:
I found that the written thesis on "How to do a method validation," written by Esther Trullols Soler, found at:
http://www.quimica.urv.es/quimio/genera ... ullols.pdf
does not provide a blue-print for a generic validation. In fact, it is a collection of disconnected posters without an index.

I found that the book "Validating Chromatographic Methods" by David M. Bliesner contains a lot more info, and has adaptable templates for many users. (Disclaimer: I am not related to him.)

I would strongly recommend that Universitat Rovira I Virgili to confer the Doctoral degree to Mr. David M. Bliesner for his book in lieu of an academic thesis. Also, any one wants an easy doctoral degree should parachute there before the seats are filled tomorrow! :lol:
That is really quite an unfair summary of Trullols' thesis, whose actual title is "Validation of Qualitative Analytical Methods." In many fields, the "nuts and bolts" (or templates) for validation of QUANTITATIVE methods have already been worked out and some consensus reached. The statistics for evaluating method performance is understood (by some folks at least). That is not quite yet the case for QUALITATIVE methods, though consensus does seem to be getting closer. I thought it was a rather interesting thesis (and yes, it is a compilation of previously published papers--nothing too unusual there) and will be forwarding it to some folks I know who are (or were) working on this issue.
All standard disclaimers apply: This post reflects personal opinion only and not the policies of my employer.
2 posts Page 1 of 1