Embedding Chromatograms and Reports

Discussions about GC and other "gas phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
For anyone who wants to embed a graphic (such as a chromatogram) in a post, here's the procedure.

1. Convert your chromatogram to an image.

2. Resize it so that it's not too large (I would suggest no more than about 400 x 400 pixels) and save it in one of the following three formats: .jpg, .gif, or .png

3. Upload the image to a web server or hosting site which is accessible via the internet. There are lots of free image hosting services kicking around. One that I have tried (see the diagram below) is:
http://tinypic.com

4. Type the URL into your message, highlight it, and click on the "Img" button. (If you use tinypic, you can simply copy the "IMG" from there after you have uploaded the image).

5. When you preview your message, the result should look like this UV detector diagram:

Note: Chromatography Forum has no connection or relationship with tinypic; I just happened to stumble on their site, it seems to work, and doesn't seem to be too irritating with ads.

And now, back to our regular programming.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Thanks you Tom, next time I will do it better
2 posts Page 1 of 1