Incrorrect injection time compared to runtime

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to extract the runtime (aka start time and end time from the chromatogram) so that I can confirm the injection time is correct. I am running Chemstation E 2.0 and higher and I have found incorrect injection times (not time shift but actual time stamp is wrong in the raw data file). Therefore, I would like to extract the injection times from the raw data and the GC's runtime and any other time so that I can prove the injection time is correct or not. I have Target and I can do a lot of this but I prefer to do this at the bench level right when the final *.ch or *.ms gets created.

Regards,
We support this file format
http://www.unichrom.com/chrom/uc-ffe.shtml

and you can extract data in a batch mode:
http://www.unichrom.com/chrom/ucce.shtml

./ucc source.ch dest.xml
grep LastChanged dest.xml
HPtarget wrote:
I am trying to extract the runtime (aka start time and end time from the chromatogram) so that I can confirm the injection time is correct. I am running Chemstation E 2.0 and higher and I have found incorrect injection times (not time shift but actual time stamp is wrong in the raw data file). Therefore, I would like to extract the injection times from the raw data and the GC's runtime and any other time so that I can prove the injection time is correct or not. I have Target and I can do a lot of this but I prefer to do this at the bench level right when the final *.ch or *.ms gets created.

Regards,


I just noticed this week that in MSDChemstation the time reported as Acquisition Time is actually when the MS begins scanning not the injection time. I know injection time is recorded in the sequence log file, but is there any way to have chemsataion actually report that as the beginning time for the run?

It sounds as we have the same problem with run start times.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
name FileStuff
parameter dpdf$ def _datapath$+_datafile$,out$ def _exepath$+"filestuff.bin"
local a
!establish file out
a=filestat(out$)
if a[7]=0
open out$ for output as #6
else
open out$ for append as #6
endif
print using #6,"Data File: %/",dpdf$
print using #6,"File Type: ", _ !this will put raw file name descriptor i.e. HG Descriptor for HP/Agilent MS ChemStation MS Data
print using #6,"Date : %//",_dateacquired$

print using #6,"Name Info: %/",_dataname$
print using #6,"Misc Info: %/",_miscinfo$
print using #6,"Operator : %//",_operator$

print using #6,"Run Time : #.3#:#.3#/",file_start,file_end
TIC !to load X
points X
print using #6,"No Data Points: #/",npoints
print #6,"==================="
close #6
return





This will get the times and I also use the operating system to get the file modified time help make sure the Injection time is correct. We have not had a problem in a while and it was related to Windows 7 32bit running Chemstation MS 2.0 and above.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 188 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:58 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests