Head of Pesticides Laboratory

Positions wanted / positions available.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I am hoping you guys can assist me with the following. My country is severely lacking the skills need to develop our pesticides residues analysis and also formulated pesticides laboratory.
We would like to hire a person with the ability to do this. Can you advice me what criteria we should be looking for both in terms of experience and qualifications? Also please let me know what sort of package (salary, etc) such a person would find good enough to come work in Guyana?
We are truly DESPERATE to get our labs established.
Really looking forward to your replies.
Hi Lusi: May I have more info about your situation?. I'm working in an Administration Laboratory in Spain. I'm in charge of Pesticide formulations analysis Laboratory.
Dear Guillermo,
Thanks for your reply.
I will email you some details.
Luci
I have a like new Agilent 7890 GC with dual uECD, dual Gerstel CIS4 injection ports with dual autosampler towers and the Gerstel MACH column oven that I am looking to sell. This instrument would be perfect for your pesticide lab. New the instrument was almost $100,000 USD. We are looking to sell it for around $38,000?
Best Regards,
Alex Hummell

Analytical Instrument Management
ph. 303.730.4136 ext. 902
cell. 720.203.5224
http://www.AIManalytical.com
Hello Lusi!

I own a pesticides laboratory in the United States, so I'll give you what I would consider to be qualifications:

1. A strong (STRONG) background in GC-MS and LC-MS/MS. Many if not most of the pesticides commonly in use today can only be analyzed by LC-MS. This has changed radically over the past 10 years, so older chemists with a lot of GC experience may not be able to help you.

2. A strong regulatory background, capable of reading and interpreting EU, US and Japan regulations. This is what is driving the pesticide residue analysis, as well as the pesticide formulations business.

3. Experience in getting by with less. Older equipment can still be used; keeps your budget down. Buy used where you can, fix what you have and make sure what you get you can maintain.

Mark Krause
Austin Analytical
Mark Krause
Laboratory Director
Krause Analytical
Austin, TX USA
5 posts Page 1 of 1